Aller en hautAller en bas

Vous êtes le Visiteurs

PortailPortail  AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  FAQFAQ  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

Morgan's Raid

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
ohioreb

MessageSujet: Morgan's Raid   Jeu 3 Mai - 13:33

Bonjour,
I apologise that I am not familiar enough with your language to post in it. No silent Embarassed

I wondered if anyone here had heard of the Morgan's Raid reenactments that were held in Ohio in 2003 & 2006. Question It was the largest gathering of Cavalry I have ever seen. 200+ horses.
CS General John H. Morgan's Ohio Raid was the longest cavalry raid of the American civil war. They are planning to have another reenactment of this raid in 2009. I know there were some guys from Germany & the UK that came over for the last reenactment of this raid. I just wondered if any of you had heard of it. I know it is a long way to travel, but I'm sure they would be more than happy to have you.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://www.ezrabarnhousegoods.com
jack

MessageSujet: Re: Morgan's Raid   Jeu 3 Mai - 14:30

welcome on our site,

to take part in a civil war cavalry raid in the USA is probably the greatest dream for many of us, it is a big expedition but it should be realised at least one time in our life, I hope that it will be possible for some of us
regards
Jack
Censeur
Administrateurs
Administrateurs

MessageSujet: Re: Morgan's Raid   Jeu 3 Mai - 14:50

Hello and well com on our forum.
It does n’t pose any problem to speak our language.

We know for the great part among us of the raid of colonel John Morgan of the Confederation army. Our historians Patrick AILLIOT and George DEWAELHEYNS have for us translated theire péripéssies of it;

Indeed, the great reenactment groups is in Germany and the United Kingdom. But it also exists in other countries like Belgium, France, Czechoslovakia, Austria, Italy, Holland, etc… For our part, we come from Belgium and France. Our group, the 14 Virginia Cavalry, second Rockbridge Draggons and the first US cavalry, Compagny I, are officially attached to a group being located on the Canadian border, and under American command. We did not know that such a commemoration was hold in Ohio in 2003, and 2006.
Like we thought one day of sharing our passion with our American friends, and if in 2009, the two squadrons are operational, it is with great pleasure that we will join you for this occasion
Sincerely

Lionel DUSSOURD
CHAIRMAN
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://14-virginia-cavalry.myrealboard.com
Censeur
Administrateurs
Administrateurs

MessageSujet: Re: Morgan's Raid   Ven 4 Mai - 8:22

SERGENT PHIL PEUX INTERVENIR
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://14-virginia-cavalry.myrealboard.com
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Morgan's Raid   Sam 26 Mai - 9:50

Hi, there, Ohioreb!
Didn't know there were any rebs that far north, haha! I know I'm a little late to react, but somehow I managed to pass this message without noticing. drunken (just celebrated my 40th birthday, a full week drunk... or almost, heheheh)
Of course, most of us know about JH Morgan's raiders and raids, but we don't get a lot of info from overseas, good to know we're actually read over there! So if you've got the time and the will to keep us informed about some big events over there, we would all be happy to hear about it. We won't be able to join you folks every time of course, let's just say it's a bit far to go every month or so... Laughing But any info, fotos, etc, would be more than welcome, thank you. Most of our group also do other periods, like the Napoleonic wars etc, me, I'm only focussing on the ACW, 14th Va Cav for Eastern theatre, 8th Tx Cav for the Western, 1st Tx sharpshooter batt, and maybe next year a bit of yankee reenactment too, like 2nd USSS or so. A bit of cavalry, a bit of infantry, all is well with me. Some folks on this forum already went over to the US for big events, guys from the 18 La Inf, they put some nice fotos on this forum, a reenactors wet dream... lol!
Don't be a stranger, let us hear more from you, okay?
I remain, your obediant servant,
sergeant Philippe T Cuvelier.
PEPPER

MessageSujet: Re: Morgan's Raid   Mer 30 Mai - 13:33

Twisted Evil
PEPPER

MessageSujet: Re: Morgan's Raid   Mer 30 Mai - 14:01

( je suis bien fait, comprendre )

LUK lol!